Although it’s hard to believe, May is right around the corner. Time sure flies when the sun comes out and the weather gets warmer. From outdoor activities to beach-themed parties, May is always an eventful time in Nashville. We’re here to share the top 5 events we are most looking forward to in May, and we’ve got a few up our sleeve that are happening right here on the block.
1. Cinco De Mayo, May 5th: Put on your sombreros and head over to Saint Anejo and The Rosewall on May 5. We’ll be bringing the outside in as The Rosewall transforms into a street fair with bright lights and summer decorations. Sip on margaritas and grab some bite-size Mexican snacks while socializing in The Rosewall or wandering over to Saint Anejo’s bustling patio.
2. VIVA HAVANA, May 7th: Imagine yourself lounging on a VIP cabana while sipping on a mojito in a brightly colored beach party inspired room. VIVA HAVANA will transport you to the vibrant lifestyle of Cuba. Latin DJ music accompanied by Cuban drumming percussion will surround the room while Chiquita dancers invigorate the party. Guests will dress to impress for this elevated Cuban party.
3. Steeplechase, May 14th: Grab your friends and a sunhat and get ready for a day of socializing and relaxing at Steeplechase. Start the morning off with tailgating at Percy Warner Park. Don’t forget to bring snacks and some Tennessee Whiskey to make those Honey Jack Juleps. Once the races start, head over to the Centerfield to take part in the action.
4. Bellissima! At The Frist, May 27th: The Frist’s luxurious Italian automobile exhibit will be both captivating and stimulating. Featuring 19 automobiles and 3 motorcycles, each car installment will tell a story of the Italian automotive Renaissance. This stylish and sensual exhibit might rival as our favorite Frist exhibit yet.
5. Dylan Fest, May 23rd and 24th: Bob Dylan's music will come to life at The Ryman, Nashville's mother church, for a two-night concert event. Artists like Kacey Musgraves and Moon Taxi take the stage to perform their favorite Bob Dylan songs. No doubt that we'll find ourselves humming along to the familiar sounds of Bob Dylan's unparalleled hits as they vibrate throughout The Ryman.
From music to horses to a beach party, May will surely ignite all of our senses and turn our ordinary days into extraordinary days.